Privacy and Confidentiality Notice
Privacy - McKesson Canada
Updated: September 2022
At McKesson Canada Corporation (“McKesson Canada”, “we” or “us”), we value the trust that you place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors and regular users of the McKesson Canada and McKesson Canada Careers websites (collectively referred to as the “website”) about the purposes for which we may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. Our privacy philosophy is based on the 10 fair information principles found in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We want you to be clear how we're using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the McKesson Canada website (https://mckesson.ca) and the McKesson Canada Careers subdomain (https://careers.mckesson.ca). McKesson Canada affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson Canada business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
When you use this website, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson Canada that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number, fax number, organization name, and/or job title when you submit a contact form.
- Unique identifiers and user behavioral information collected passively, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, data/timestamp, page navigation and clickstream behavior.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect information about users of this website. These technologies include the following:
- Web Server Logs
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we may collect about you.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- We also may use local storage such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we may partner with to provide certain features on this website may use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local storage.
- -Geo-location Services
- When you enable a location-based service, we may collect information about your location. Your browser may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. You may opt-out of geo-location collection by changing the setting of your browser or device.
These technologies are used to analyze trends and gather demographic information about our users. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by companies such as Google Analytics on an individual as well as aggregated basis. To learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices and opt-out, click here.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our website does not respond to web browser “Do No Track” signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the information collected for the following purposes, such as:
- Improve the content on our website
- Provide personalized website content based on your preferences
- Further develop our products and services to improve our business
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, requests and applications and/or send important notices
- Market products and services
- Conduct surveys and research
- If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
- Combine information about you from affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, ad networks, other third parties, and from others to enrich your experience with our products and services.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
McKesson Canada does not sell your personal information to third parties for their own marketing or advertising purposes.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as advertising services and data analytics services. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Some of our pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing personal information to these third parties and not directly to McKesson Canada. When framing techniques are utilized, your personal information is subject to the privacy practices of the third party.
McKesson Canada may also need to share information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of McKesson Canada if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson Canada, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson Canada assets.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how personal information about you that we collect on our website will be used and will provide choices about whether or not to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you can contact us to correct, update, amend or request deletion of your personal information through your account representative or through the Privacy Office at email@example.com or the address listed below.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or contacting us using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice.
Access, Correction and Removal of Personal Information
Some McKesson Canada products and services allow you to directly access, correct, update, or delete your personal information through your account settings. If this option is not available, contact your account representative or our Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address listed below to request your personal information to be accessed, corrected, updated, or deleted. We will respond to your request within one month of receipt. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as reasonably useful for commercial purposes. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson Canada has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson Canada employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
We will protect personal information stored on the website’s servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (e.g., firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Although we use recognized industry safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration and every effort is taken to ensure that no one else will see or obtain your personal data, complete confidentiality and security is not yet guaranteed over the Internet. Internet use and communication is subject to interception, loss, and alteration. You acknowledge and agree that McKesson Canada shall not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of the transmission of personal information over the Internet, and that any and all communications will be at your own risk.
If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at email@example.com.
Seals, Buttons and Content from Other Companies
This website may include seals, buttons, and content links to other companies (for example, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on this website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. When you use a link to go from this website to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of each website you visit.
Cross Border Transfers
McKesson Canada may, subject to applicable law, transfer your information outside the province and country where you are located and to where information protection standards differ, including the United States. This information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions. At all times, we will utilize appropriate safeguards governing the transfer and usage of your personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products, or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
Privacy Officer Contact Information
McKesson Canada is committed to protecting your personal privacy. If you have questions or comments about our efforts to protect your personal privacy, or if you require additional information about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also write to our Privacy Officer at: McKesson Canada Corporation, Attn: Privacy Officer, 2300, Meadowvale Blvd., Mississauga, ON, L5N 5P9. We manage the personal information we collect from these offices.
You also have the right to contact your privacy regulator. For example, if you are an Ontario resident with questions or concerns relating to your health information, you may contact: